Monday, August 31, 2009

Having both.

"I think love can come fairly easily and grow - but really liking the core essence of someone is a much harder thing to bottle. If you have both, you're in pretty good shape." -- actor Eric Bana, on being happily married.

I came across the above quote in today's edition of The Miami Herald; and it struck a chord with me. It reminds me of what people have told me over the years regarding love and relationships; and what I now know to be true. Its that your significant other should also be one of your best friends. There are all kinds of situations. Whether yours is friends first, then lovers second; or starting out as romantic and friendship forming later, one thing is true for all: you need to truly LIKE the person and who they are. I am a lucky woman to have both with Shawn.

(And thanks Eric Bana, for putting it so nicely!)

No comments:

Post a Comment